Thursday, November 10, 2011

The Wedding with the Hawk

I've been talking about how excited I was to shoot this wedding for months now. Renaissance theme, castle location, hawk ringbearer! It was everything I thought it was going to be and more. Such sweet people, too. Congrats to Fran and Jake.


I had no idea how complicated a kilt is to put on.


Saw this laying on a table somewhere. Heard no mention of it at any point during the day.


The bride tried to catch a sneak peak of the ceremony as guests were arriving. Gotcha!


The hawk! I've had many ministers tell me not to use flash during the ceremony. Normally I just ignore and apologize later. But the falconer (hawker?) told me if I used a flash the hawk would attack me. He wasn't joking. I listened.


It actually worked!


So cool.


Those steps were pretty scary. Brave bridal party.


Army of Darkness-style windmill.


Cloisters Castle. Really incredible venue.


Me: "Oh, can we get some swords for this picture?"
The Rummels: "Of course. Just a minute."


The brother of the bride didn't dress up period appropriate. Luckily the '51 Bentley showed up to match his look.


Last dance.


High-five farewell.


Good vibe ending.

3 comments:

ljreed said...

Wow!! Looks like great fun.

danikacm said...

You are amazing! Thank you for shooting the wedding. So glad you enjoyed it as much as we did.
Best,
~Danika (MOH)

Fran said...

Rob, you are fantastic. Jake and I were very fortunate to have you as our photographer. :-)